Hours with Experts is an eight week course on the fundamentals of Data Engineering, designed to give students a practical introduction to building a real-world data pipeline. This includes working with a pub/sub system, building a data pipeline, working with a streaming data framework, and interacting with NoSQL databases.
Watch how one student transformed his career with Hours with Experts!
Hours with Experts FAQs
1. Who should apply?
Growth-minded individuals with some programming experience interested in learning about the Big Data space or transitioning to a new career as a data engineer.
2. What tech is used in the class?
Technologies used within the class include Kafka, Spark, Hbase, and Hive.
3. Is the class remote?
Class is held remotely via Discord.
4. Will I get a job after taking the class?
Hours with Experts is not a guarantee of employment. While we would like to assist students as much as we can, the main purpose is to grow the Data Engineering ecosystem in St. Louis by teaching developers key skills.
Spring 2022 Logistics
Our spring session is about to conclude, but fill out the form below to receive information about our fall cohort!
- Cost: Free
- Length: 8-week program, starting March 21st
- Frequency: One class (2-3 hrs) per week on Monday evenings
- Location: Remote
- Who should apply: People from the St. Louis community with software experience who are interested in learning more about Data Engineering and/or transitioning into a related career.
For more information on the program, read the recap of our first data engineering HWE course!
Fill out the form below to receive information on our next session!
If you have any questions about the course or want to know if it’d be a good fit for you, you can write it in the form below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.